Thursday, January 14, 2010

a bitter taste...


I have had a bitter taste in my mouth all morning long. I have tried brushing my teeth, drinking coffee, drinking water, eating a cookie but to no avail. This is a persistent taste and is causing everything I eat or drink to taste bitter as well. Try as I might, I just cannot cover it up.

Unrepentent sin is like that...it leaves a bitter taste upon our soul. It's bitterness affects every aspect of our lives and, try as we might, we cannot cover it up. The Bible tells us,"Who can say, "I have made my heart clean, I am pure from my sin"? ~Proverbs 20:9   We are unable to cleanse the bitter taste of unrepentent sin from our hearts...it is always there. It may sit quietly for a time, but it WILL come out...and when it does, it's bitterness will be heaped upon others in our lives.
How do we overcome this bitterness? Jesus. He is the answer to everything. The Bible says: "If we confess our sins, He (Jesus) is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness." ~1 John 1:9 

He is waiting to replace the bitterness in your heart with the sweet taste of forgiveness and love...what are YOU waiting for?

1 comment:

  1. I love the truth of Gods word and how it overflows in the lives of His faithful followers. Great post Patti.

    ReplyDelete