Friday, January 1, 2010

Reflection...

It is another new year, 2010,and a time when many are making resolutions about what they will or will not do in the year to come. Not me. Today is a day of reflection on the year that just ended and it has me doing some soul seaching. Lord, how would I have gotten through this past year without You? So many changes...so many heart-aches...so many joys. Through each and every minute of the year, You have been with me...rejoicing, comforting, correcting...always gracious. Always merciful. Always loving. If there is one thing I have learned in this past year, it has been that You, Lord, are constant. However, in stark contrast, I am constantly flitting about like a butterfly from blossom to blossom. Flying in a jagged, hap-hazard pattern rather than walking a straight line on this journey called life. Why is it that I veer off course so often...and so easily? I tend to get distracted  and caught up in life's daily ups and downs, and ins and outs, and when I finally reach my wit's end and cry out to You, You are right there...eager to comfort me; wiping away my tears and my fears and You gently take hold of my hand and my heart and say, "This is the way...follow Me....".

The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.
He makes me to lie down in green pastures; He leads me beside the still waters.
He restores my soul; He leads me in the paths of righteousness for His name's sake.
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; for You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.
You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies; You anoint my head with oil; my cup runs over.
Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life; and I will dwell in the House of the LORD forever. Amen.  ~Psalm 23  NKJV


No comments:

Post a Comment